We will hold a business plan contest for domestic and international entrepreneurs. About 10 companies from venture capital and worldwide innovators and so on will be the judges and excellent contestants will receive prize.
The theme is “Internet of things”. Ideas and companies in early stage in IT and internet and providing products related to mobile, software, digital contents, consumer electronics (including PDA and robots) and so forth are extremely welcome. We are looking forward to your challenge!
Date and time
5:50pm-7:30pm, Wednesday, February 19,2014(tentative)
※This contest will be held as the part 3 of “Global Innovation Conference Hack Osaka 2014”, therefore the timetable may change depending on the previous parts.
4th Floor, Grand Front Osaka Tower-C
3-1 Ofuka-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka
The detailed access
Ideas and early-stage companies in IT and internet field which can give product or service demonstrations. Unreleased or unawarded products and services are welcome.
- Product and service related to Internet of things, internet, mobile, software, digital contents, consumer electronics (including PDA and robots), and anything related to IT.
- ＜Product and service＞
- Demonstration is required for products and services.
Application and review
- ・Language for speech and presentation document is English.
- ・Number of contestants (companies) is limited to 10. Number of presenter per company is one (executives, managers, and so on).
- ・Five minutes for each presentation. (environment will be notified to contestants later on.)
- ・Q&A time for up to three minutes from the judges is expected.
- ＜Review procedure＞
- judges consists of about 10 people such as innovator, and from venture capital, persons in charge of new business in company and so on will judge on site giving score up to 10 for each presentation. Four top scoring companies will be commended.
- ＜Merit for contestants＞
Top four winners will receive luxurious prize.
|Round-trip ticket to London and JPY500,000
|Prize money of JPY300,000
|Prize money of JPY100,000
|The winner is entitled to choose one rental office from five places, such as Singapore, Jakarta, Delhi, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Tokyo, and use it for free for one year.
- ・Networking with major domestic and international business people and venture capital companies related to IT and manufacturing will be possible.
- ・Releasing information on website of Osaka Innovation Hub and through Facebook will be possible.
- Matt Webb
- Eric Migicovsky
- Tsuruaki Yukawa
- Masahiko Inada
- Yuma Saito
- Allen Miner（Chairman & CEO, SunBridge Corporation）
- Shuichi Okuhara (President, Nippon Venture Capital Co., Ltd.）
- Motofumi Shoji
- Toru Inazuka
- Shigeo Okuda
- ＜Primary review＞
- All the presentation documents for the contest should be submitted in PDF format for a maximum of 10 pages for primary review. Moving image and supplement file for explanation of your product and service can be sent as well. We do not accept actual products. Submitted presentation documents will not be returned.
Those who passed the primary review will be notified by Friday January 31, 2014.（No inquiries and answers are available about review process.）
- ＜Primary review procedures＞
- Business experts centered upon innovate!osaka supervisors will examine submitted presentation documents and select top ten contestants.
- One representative per company (i.e. the presenter on site) is to apply for the contest. To accompany non-presenter, include their information (name and title) in presentation document.
Pitch contest：10 companies
Networking session：15 seats（2 people per company）
Pitch contest：free for application and reviews
※All the expense such as transportation, accommodation and anything related to this contest participation is to be paid by each contestant.
Networking session：JPY5,000（tax included）
※Method of payment is written on notification email.
Pictures and movies filmed during this whole event will be used for sending information, and reports in the media are also anticipated. Please understand and realize that your image can be included in articles, footage and so forth. All the participants are considered to have agreed on this matter in advance.
Application by 5pm, Friday, January 24, 2014
Submission by 5pm, Friday, January 24, 2014
※Primary review will be done upon reception of presentation documents. Application will be closed upon reaching the limit number of contestant companies.
Click here for application
TEL 06-6359-3004 (Mon.-Fri. 10:00-20:30 *Except for public holidays and new-year-holidays)
Click here for inquiry
- ※Once you complete an application process, we will send a confirmation to the e-mail address you registered. In case you do not receive it, please contact us.
- ※This project is operated by innovate!osaka which is organized by Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc., Urban Innovation Institute and Osaka Urban Industry Promotion Center, under entrustment by Osaka City.