- JP | EN
03. Meet Founders
RaySol Technologies Founder, CEO Tatsuo Ueyama
- ――What does your startup do?
- We develop a system to find cracks and debonding areas that exist inside the concrete structures such as tunnels.
- ――What problem are you trying to solve?
- We are planning to digitalize the analog sound testing for concrete and create a database.
- ――Why did you choose Osaka?
- Our research, which has evolved into a startup, started from an Osaka University lab and we are also keen to empower Osaka.
- ――What do you think about Osaka’s startup community?
- Having OIH in the center means a great environment, given the abundant unique and energetic startups here, with many support systems and a healthy sense of competitiveness between the companies.
- ――How has Osaka’s Governments (City & Prefecture) helped your startup?
- Both have helped us to take a major step forward to where I am now as a CEO since I was running the company having no idea about the business mindset or techniques.
- ――Where is your favorite place in Osaka and why?
- The Grand Front area. It’s a great neighborhood for startups to be based in – everything is accessible from there- and I have a special attachment to the area.
- ――Do you have advice for people considering doing a startup in Osaka?
- In Osaka, numerous pitch competitions exist, and you will find plenty of business opportunities here.